Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Things you find in a car......

Having three children all whom think it is lifethreatening not to take a toy, book whatever in the car for EVERY trip ANYWHERE...You can imagine the SHIT that piles up in the car, especially as kids seem unable to carry stuff back into the house on the return..."tooo hebby" (too heavy)

So once a fortnight (or week depending on how much SHIT is on the floor) I take a rubbish bag to the car and clean up. The last few weeks have been an education as to what my kids are actually doing in the car, Dad seems to be part of this equation as his SHIT is in the car too.

Week 1#: 2 apple cores, 2 empty juice bottles, assortment of fries from Mickey D's, 3 soxs...none matching, a hankerchief, screwed up tissues, 5 Matchbox cars, 3 books (Dr Seuss, Arnold and Thomas The Tank Engine) 2 paperbacks books (Enid Blyton and Gretal Killien) used travel cards, old copies of MX ,number indeterminable (free city newspaper) old copies of financial review. NOTE: This includes cleaning out the boot of the car also
TWO WEEKS LATER......
Week2# mandarins peel, old Salada biscuits, soxs again..none matching the previous three, old copies of Business Weekly, old airline tickets (Dad had been away for work)chocolate wrappers, lollipop wrappers and sticks, pair of sandals (what the...It's winter here!!!)pencils, pens, old kinder art work and the missing Tamagotchi of 2 weeks ago (down beside from passenger seat)
ONE WEEK LATER>>>>
Week 3# Now it gets nasty as it's one week since I cleaned out the car and washed and vacuumed it....
a VERY old half eaten apple, a banana peel, old Salada biscuits, empty water bottle(empty because its leaked on the floor)half a eaten burger(brand indistinguishable) half full flavoured milk bottle (YEEEECH)empty Coke bottle, and a lump of what I think was once cheese.

Now does this stuff mutiple or are there gremlins in the car bringing this mouldy, crappy SHIT into my car over night?? How can I have an apple that looks like its been there since Ned Kelly was a boy if I cleaned out the whole car a week earlier??? Is it the germs already there mutiplying and manifesting into these forms?

Any ideas?
What SHIT is in your car?

4 comments:

Maurice Bradbury said...

I too once had a shit-filled car. Old french fries. Graham crackers. Happy meal toys. Then I got a new car and it's been a month, it's still clean... I suggest buying a very expensive foreign car with leather seats and not letting anyone bring food or drink into it except water. Drive-through food is awful for you anyway. And cleaning out the car totally every time you get out. Also-- seat protectors and a trash container that you refill with plastic grocery bags (see onestepahead.com).

Yeah, I'll see how long this clean-car thing lasts. I give it two months.

I am the Queen of EVERYTHNG...OK!! said...

Hey Lone Ranger, as a so called "radio journo" you should ahve learnt the diff b/n complaints/cynicism and tongue in cheek banter about day to day life...if not go back to school and stay out of my blog. ;)

Guruann said...

sounds like my car normally, however I have turned into the car clean nazi lately, and for 2 weeks it's been pretty clean.

I am the Queen of EVERYTHNG...OK!! said...

How'd you do it??...ban the school bags etc to the boot...this is when it happens I think, stuff getting pulled out of kinder and school bags in transit.