Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Money,Money, Money

So another budget for Pete, number 10, never ceases to amaze me the spin they put on things to make it look good...Yes, some will get more $$ but then petrol will rise, private health insurance just did, school fees will increase, it'll cost more for the everyday stuff like bread and milk and HEY PRESTO, Petes gift that keeps on giving,IS GONE!!!!! Cynical , I know.

Then there's the getting people off welfare and back into the workforce rubbish for single parents and SAHM (Stay At Home Mums). Dunno about any one else but I don't feel like I 'm on welfare because I get $100 a fortnight for staying at home for my children. And 84,000 childcare places is not going to help!!!!

The HR and Workplace Relations needs to be OVERHAULED completely across the board to encompass an equal playing field for all. Why do Commonwealth employees have paid Maternity leave and hardly any one else does?? Why do some Federal buildings have children sick rooms and in house child care, subsidized by OUR TAXES, and Coles don't? All employers need to look seriously at flexible work hours, job share arrangements, parental leave, special leave instead of the bottom line. Your most important asset is your employees!!!!

We are talking about forcing parents in to the workforce which cannot sustain the influx, this would lead to an increase in casual/part time employees with little or no IR rights, workers in low paid unchallenging positions which they would resent (I WOULD) We need to talk about respect and self worth. So Pete, take my $100 odd per fortnight and shove it..Because my kids are more important..I'll go back to my REAL job when it suits me NOT YOU, and on my terms, NOT YOURS!!!

Pete's mate Tony, (or maybe they're not talking any more) needs to talk to his BIG BUSINESS buddies about REAL LIFE, you know, where we don't have nannies and au pairs, Botox and beauty treatments, the real world not the 4 car garage, Mercedes,4WD ,Porsche and SAAB life of must be seen parties and such.

No comments: