Tuesday, August 16, 2005

PALS or Poison?? You decide???

Have to really wonder about people who have sites which incite hatred and malcontent in others . I mean ,each to their own and all that but to hide, what I see as subjective, prejudicial and bias, beneath the guise of justice reform is a bit of a joke.

The site linked to this title is about people against lenient sentencing..Therefore it probably should allow for debate and educated suggestions. Instead, we have the ravings of one individual whose attempts at literary genius make the Cookie Monster look like Bronte'. How do I know it is the one person? Simple matter of syntax, hyperbole, idiom and the underlying supposition that what this person writes will be read by like minded ,vigilante type militants.

Now, I am for punishment of the guilty and agree the judicial system on all levels requires some overhaul. But we are speaking of a system steeped in history, legend, laws, Acts of Parliament, tradition and old school mentality, a system which has taken centuries to get where it is and still does not seem to move in the century in which we live. The lamblasting of judges as being the "softest judges on the bench" and the name calling of convicted persons is tantamount to childish tantrums because no one is taking notice. Perhaps they are, and they are probably the wrong people.

The matters referred to and the instances cited are idiosyncratic of someone who dislikes Catholics or all religions ..."The illustrious Fr. Peter Norden, because of my stand on criminals who set about destroying lives and families with their ruthless actions and total disregard for respect, not to mention Law and Order." Law and Order capitalised is a TV series, I think.

"Further to an earlier story on Gerard McNamara, the former Catholic school headmaster who pleaded guilty to indecently assaulting seven students in the early 70Â’s, it was disappointing but not surprising to see the pathetic comments and subsequent sentence that Judge Jim Duggan handed down."

If you are going to play with the big boys you need to play by their rules, judges are immune to criticism , they are constantlycritiquedd and by wordsmiths of a higher calibere than the author of such childishness could ever hope to achieve. Thinking that the criticism of priests in a quasi vendetta type median will suddenly turn about years of inbuilt "thick skin" in the realms of thejudiciaryy is a joke. Hey, some of them might even be Catholic themselves.Itss not all a WASPS club now.

Another outstanding matter of some note; or maybe it's just me because I am a woman; is the strange absence of any reference to domestic crimes or sexualassaultss against women . There is the one reference regarding the conviction of John Sharpe who killed his wife and child. But nothing on any domestic or sexual crimes against women..This ,to me is a telling omission. Telling of what I am unsure but the site is very subjective in its content.

Why am I wasting time writing about a site which is tantamount to a bullys school yard rants?? Only because it and many others show a side of human nature detested by many, that of the verbal vigilante, the scrawny guy who has sand kicked in his face and wants retribution of a physical kind, the over zealous Bible referring so called "church going" Christian who advocates antiquated credos like "an eye for an eye" and name calls those who disagree with the sentiment. The Neanderthal, myopic who cannot move out of the 18th century in terms of criminology and science, someone who cannot understand the diversity between socially created crime and recidivist crime. Some one who claims to care but really doesn't.

6 comments:

Guruann said...

interesting to see who owns the site

http://dnsstuff.com/tools/whois.ch?ip=www.palsforjustice.org

Admin Name:Brendan Gurry

If I recall correctly he was JAKAS's running mate at the last election

Misfit said...

Ok I am high on those fairy kisses you sent me...lol I cannot find the link to the site you are writing about. It sounds very interesting!. I vaguely remember that story about John Sharpe. I seem to have lost touch with all things happening around me lately. I need to get my arse into gear and get with the program here..Have a great day hun :)

I am the Queen of EVERYTHNG...OK!! said...

Caz the link is in the title of the post and Sir Brian it's ok to have different opinions,we'd be boring if we all thought the same. I just like a bit of objectivity and real reasons for the opinion. The PALS site reeks of nasty retribution type vigilantism.

Crritic! said...

Whoah Supamum! You must have been wiping the spit off the screen after that one. Keep up the good work.

Beth said...

Can't we all just be friends? I make fun of myself more than I do anybody else! Hell, I'm usually a lot more stupid and dorkie than anybody I know!

I am the Queen of EVERYTHNG...OK!! said...

Ita a nasty site, crritic, and needed to be critiqued, I thought.No spit, just furious typing.