Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Time to catch up...


I've been busy..OK. Miss 11 Almost 12 commenced secondary school. I got my dual year and amidst all the hoo-ha have,yet again,managed to encourage other to think outside the square. I'm in a primary setting and secondary setting one day each a week and with two days of classes leaves me with one "free day" a week apart from weekends. This free day is spent on planning and ACP and assessment tasks and essay and research...but it is nice to have my Saturdays back. I was apprehensive of this dual year but now realise that it was not offered to me because it was an ideal scenario but because I was one of the ones would could pull it off for others to follow.

Mr 8 has become Mr 9 with a massive Star Wars Lego for his birthday and Miss 11 will soon be Miss 12. I have learnt who my friends are and who to trust more. The school has lost a principal and a new one appointed, some change is in the wind and some arses will be booted into gear one would hope.

Our lives are changing and we are adapting, I love what I am doing and if it allows 2IC to switch to something more productive later on then that is a good thing for everyone. The campaign for saving VU has moved along nicely but I still am unsure of the intentions of some who want a TAFE...when student and educational diversity is a major issue in the Western suburbs, some want to bow to the western suburbs stereotype of working class, trades people. If we want to move up, we need to move on...get over the A-typical ideal of what the town needs. We want our children to have choice...real choices not something foisted upon them because this of some misguided, misogynistic people who think they represent everyone and know what everyone wants.

No comments: