Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I have been remiss...


Christmas and NYE have come and gone and ans we enter into another school year, I am in awe of my kids (AGAIN). Christmas supplied the boys with Lego and Meccano sets and almost the entire school holidays have been taken up with construction of nothing short of engineering genius. Mr 8 got his coveted Star Wars Lego, he has amassed such a collection that I fear annihilation by Jedi fighters if I enter the area formerly known as the main lounge. He enlisted the help of 2IC initially for some of the construction but eventually demonstrated the type of perseverance that is shining through more and more, and completed the ship himself. Since we got some great deep, colourful drawers to store all the Lego in for each of them..he has built and re built, and redesigned ALL the ships in his set, including the not as popular Mars series.
Mr 6 is growing up all too fast, with a wicked sense of humour, contagious laugh and devilish ways...he is becoming a real boys boy. He scares me with the lack of fear he has for all things physical, so unlike Mr 8.
Miss 11 commences secondary school next week and apart for getting books, uniforms and ensuring all and sundry are labelled to within an inch of it life....she is ready but are we?
Now starts the really responsibilities of lockers and uniform code and books and subject variations...how she will cope depends on how we react and act towards the issues that will arise and they will arise. She has already indicated her concerns about having enough time to change books for the next classes or what books to take to each class. This we will take in our stride, one step at a time as we have with all changes in our lives.
Me? I am waiting to hear from the those who weld all power for subject credits to apply my credits to my current area of study, then I await the powers of the PP to allow me a dual year of study in one year. After the 6th we shall know more...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.