Tuesday, June 26, 2007

It was long ago and far away, until today.....




Today I was returning to my car after placing some books on lay by for Santa ( he appreciates the help. Oh ;and by the by, Dymocks don't do layby but will "hold" books for you, BIG HELP)
Anywho, I was returning to my car when some one called my name, my full name......with my maiden name not married name, them they called me by my nickname from school. I looked about and saw a woman waving crazily at me from a car I'd just passed. I vaguely knew the face but the name escaped me for a second...then it dawned on me. It was L, a girl I'd gone to school with and studied drama and dance with. She was ecstatic to see me and I wondered if a) she were on drugs or b) she had my name mixed up with some one else. But no, it was me she remembered, which was strange I recall her as one of those girls who wore make up, smoked, swore and went out weeknights; not in my group, nor me of her clique. We were only ever together during dance or drama and I think she was in an English and Legal class as I recall her and her friend ridiculing people at times. I played sport, she smoked behind the convent; I read a lot and I dunno what she did. Turns out ,she admired me and would've like have been better friends but stuck with the group she was with because I was a "goody". ( IF only they knew, I was just good enough never to get caught!!!LMAO).Turns out, she always thought I was smarter than some of the teachers and she recalled a time I challenged a teacher to prove the existence of God; this was a Catholic school and the teacher was a nun. Turns out she and I attended uni at the some of the same places and she bypassed teaching to after qualifying. Funny how life comes about...
Oh, and how did she recognise me..apparently I "still look like I did when I was 17". Hey, compliments I'll take them as I get them.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello I am back! For now anyways!

I'm gonna try to keep blogging as often as necessary. It's just hectic around here. I miss reading your blog and I'll try to read and keep in touch more often!

BIG HUGZ!
Jamie