Friday, May 04, 2007


Miss 10's been at camp for the past three days and every day the boys ask if she's coming home. They say they miss her and if I know anything they will be all over her this afternoon when we collect her from school but she will be so tired and cranky, it"ll all be a big fight. Optimistic aren't I? Hope she sleeps on the bus on the return trip is all. For some one who a few weeks ago did not want to go and was crying most nights about it...I'm glad her teachers generous offer of allowing her to call home if she felt homesick was not taken up. I know one child who was allowed to call home after he found the stash of choccie biccies in his PJs with a note for his mum to have a good time. MEMO TO SELF: Do not write note with goodies stash EVER. Mr 7 has announced that he loves his sister, she is his favourite sister....out of who? He only has one hahahaha. Mr 4 really does not care but he and Mr 7 are playing together more.

I have been upsetting the apple cart at the kinder committee ( what's new?) I am the fundraising committee and had submitted TWO timetables for discussion and decisions of prospective fundraising activities for the whole year on a term by term timeline. I missed the last two meetings because 2IC was OS. No one had bothered to get back to me about the next fundraiser...Mothers Day Raffle and chocolate drive. Then I discover that a major office bearer had not only decided which supplier to use but what product we were ordering and how many...all without consulting committee or putting it to a vote. Now, I am all for iniative but a committee is representative of the parent body and needs to be transparent and equitable in their decision making. How we were to justify this decision on any level I do not know. Not only was it not tabled correctly but it was not voted upon either. I bought the matter up a tthe last meeting and whilst I agree that the new secretary had only just taken her guidance from the previous meeting notes that we were running the meetings a la casual , I have requested that the motions be correctly tabled and items discussed fully and voted upon...other wise why have a committee? I always seem to be pissing of kinder committees, either the ones I am on or the ones who are a joke. Thank goodness, I did not accept the request to be treasurer of the PFTA at school when asked this week. I did not even attend the PFTA meeting but got hunted down and asked to take on the office. To many things on right now.

I received an special invite to a herding workshop in June and I think I may go as I really want to see if the traits Lawson is showing now are true to his breed. Also, it will give his sires owner a chance to see if his dogs offspring are multi skilled. If Lawson and I can pull this off, he'll be one a a few who work in obedience and herding. If he shows potential, I start working him in both. This is were he was always heading multiple disciplines, he has the ability and brains to be able to do both. Here's hoping I can do his sires owner and ancestry proud, not to mention my mentors.

No comments: