Friday, May 05, 2006

I hate football.....


Yes ,I am an anomaly, born in Australia, grew up in Melbourne and the Gippsland area from which many AFL stars are gleaned ( so I am told) and I HATE FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So there you have it, I despise the game and anything to do with it and all I know of the rules is you kick a pigskin between some sticks and it's a game for total wankers whose opinions of themselves far outweigh their brain to weight ration. Total tossers like Eddie Mc Everywhere and Sam Nobrain, make my blood boil with anger, especially the latter.I had to endure the Floppy Show last night as there was nothing much on TV and 2IC likes to watch meaningless dribble sometimes. I cannot believe the stuff they go on about, do all these clones attend the same elocution classes or what? They all talk the same, try and use the same phrases ( but in the wrong context) and slouch sideways in their seats like they are drunk ( hey, maybe.....) How can you possibly analyse something which is not even a national sport? A game which is a bastardised version of rugby? What can you possibly find to "discuss" ( I used the term loosely in regards to foopy) about who is playing where, what players are playing and such mundane , inane, silly stuff as that?
Add to that a lecherious, botoxed to the eyeballs, face lifted "What's that on your neck? My navel" old has been, Nobrain and any tone the show may have had just drops 50 feet underground. The session known as "Street Talk" should be called "Sleazy Stalk:" as that seems to be the main aim of the session. Someone needs to slap the old freak silly...With a brick.
It is not entertainment, nor funny nor even informative but caters for people who like to pretend they understand, who want to conform to perceived social norms ( should see the looks I get when I get asked who I barrack for and I say I hate floppyball) It 's a game,people, where two opposing groups of tetestorone driven alpha males combat for a pigskin and kick it between sticks to achieve mass social approval....Call it what it is...PRIMEVAL.

5 comments:

Guruann said...

I take it you won't be at Auskick tommorrow then ;-))

I am the Queen of EVERYTHNG...OK!! said...

Ahhhhh no, we have asked Mr 6 about it and he is really really challeged right now with some of the physical stuff at school, whilst he does not mind watching floppy with Dad...We really think he is not ready for structured activity like floppy. I think a year will make a lot of diffrence and he might be in it in 2007. He impressed the visiting soccer coach during a soccer session for PE one day...kicks left and right footed and can run whilst kicking...took a lot of work to get theat far over two years.

Anonymous said...

from anon Koolie

Found you supermum...footy is cool but I must agree with you regarding Eddie and Sam..total fools

I am the Queen of EVERYTHNG...OK!! said...

OKeeee, who is anon Koolie???
Brian...it is aussie rules, aerial ping pong, rugby for wimps......

AsDePiqas said...

I also do hate football. Perhaps some day every ball in the world is taken away and they won't be able to play anymore.

What a wonderful world would that one be.