Tuesday, May 23, 2006

How do you.....


I have been trying to put into salient, unbiased and informative notes my experiences with Mr 6's long process of being placed in the school we chose. I have been asked to speak at the early intervention group information night, one is held monthly and has various speakers and information sessions; tonight's is preparation for primary school. Very well timed as schools commence intake and information nights this month and information is power ,I always say.

But how do you put the past 12 months into a condensed version whilst informing and (hopefully ) advising? I have done the presentation courses, chaired seminars, fluent in Powerpoint, overheads , you name it I have done it in the presentation format..How can I really make them see that apart from the seeming never ending frustrations, the insurmountable phone calls, the in decision that drives you crazy, the tests, the tests, always the tests...That there is a place in the education system for your child where they will prosper, learn and continue to grow and you WILL make the right decision regardless of what you may think or feel now.
I think I will do some point form notes and wing it, that along with Mr 6's speech book, some info I got from the principal of his school, Mr 6's writing and work books, will go a long way to showing that whatever decision you make will be the right one for your child. I am not going as a promo for the Catholic Ed system but as an advocate of a child funded in the Catholic Ed system, some people mistake the two but I know the differences of the two: my son recognises "god" as something akin to Buzz Lightyear, he goes through the process of "prayer" because he learns by rote and because it is a group activity and he may never fully comprehend the relevence of Catholicism which is fine by me, if he can speak his mind.

2 comments:

Guruann said...

Hope it all went well, you would be a very helpful person to be able to guide people through the maze.

I am the Queen of EVERYTHNG...OK!! said...

Why ,thank you