Tuesday, February 07, 2006

I drink Coke.........

I have mentioned before I have a perchance for Coke...Not Pepsi ( I will drink that if no Coke is about) but THE REAL THING...COKE.

I think this love affair with the sugary syrup came about as we hardly ever had fizzy drinks as kids...But my mum loved Coke. She had an open can in the fridge which she sipped from as she said she didn't like it that much to drink a lot of it at once. My brother and I used to steal into the fridge when mum was not about and sip from the can..It was a delicious ,devilish sort of treat to us.

As time went on I became a coffee fiend at school and to contract my obsession ( I was drinking plunger/home ground coffee at 16...Way before it became TRENDY) I drank Coke as I was not always allowed in the senior common room to make my coffee fix. By my last year of high school; one day when I was playing softball, whilst waiting for the ball to be pitched, ( I was a catcher) I noticed my hands shaking as if I had a fever, I felt well enough, was not ill...Why were my hands shaking before my eyes. Too much caffeine was the answer, and as I was having trouble sleeping ( I only slept 4-5 hours them any way) I thought it time to give up this dreadful bean. I quit coffee...COLD TURKEY. Occasionally, the smell of fresh ground coffee and the aroma of a new blend entices me, but I haven't touched it for two decades. 2IC is a coffee hound with a coffee machine, grinder, you name it...But I am clean.

So enter my affiliation with Coke, in lieu of coffee, I drank Coke..After all it had less caffeine( so I believed) could be bought anyway (unlike a decent coffee) and was transportable ( put the lid on a Buddy bottle and away you go) I need to have some almost weekly if not daily, over Christmas we bought 24 and 30 can packs because of all the visitors...Yeah, right, guess who drank up to 4 cans a day?? Yes , me. Let alone the fact that despite my fitness level being average or above average ( depends on who you speak to and compare me with) I still need to control my weight...Coke consumption at that level is something I do not need. So thanks to Mr Brian

I give you my reason for giving up Coke.........

1 comment:

I am the Queen of EVERYTHNG...OK!! said...

Yeah, but we KNOW its not good to drink it don't we??? Without the scare mongering