Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Too much, too little time

Have been busy,busy,busy...Mr. 5 has had to have a hearing test for the Program For Student With Disabilities(PSD) criteria...Nothing wrong there..So waste of time and resources. Mr 2 nearly 3 had croup and needed steroid mix (Predimix?) for 3 days, getting medicine into some kids is like getting expecting Donald Trump to be humble..Never gonna happen. So despite the fact that it had to be after food (directly) I had to mix it into juice (he usually has water with meals so he suss from the start)and then he tasted it and spat out the juice!!!! So out came the syringe and I just blasted the dose down...Sounds bad but not really, he is sooooo like his sister who will not take medicine either. Mr 5 will take all medicines and wants it even if not ill and someone else has it...Something to watch out for, believe me.

Have been floating about a new community forum http://sunburycommunit.10.forumer.com/ it is interesting even to the uninitiated of the Sunbury community and will get bigger and better with more following. It TRULY allows for comment not libel, on an equal footing for all users. Not sure who started it but have heard whispers (people talk on buses and others listen and tell )SAY NO MORE!!!

I have been a bit desolate lately as Mr 5's kinder teacher is away and he seems ok but asks about her a lot, I'm reluctant to tell him what I know as it was told in confidence, but he needs to move on and accept what's what..Maybe over the holidays.....I miss her as she was the rainbow to Denise's(asst teacher) sunshine and I'm sure the kids miss her more than the parents realise.

Hubby returned from OS with yet another supply of DVD's, Blade Trilogy (his thing not mine) Madagascar (for the kids) it's ok but nothing like Toystory or Shrek. We share the DVD's about friends and family, plus Miss 8's class gets to see it on Friday as a break up gift from the teacher. Speaking of which.. had parent teacher night last night and Miss 8 is a delight to have in the class, always helpful and caring and kind...was wondering if this was the same child who pinches. Hits and bite her brothers and takes their toys. She is very creative (gets that from her mum) and academically is advanced but it can't go on the report (but of course) Ohh well AIM assessments will occur in August and you get a report on your child's level in regards to expected level, State levels, school comparisons,. Etc so we will see then. Sometimes I wish I had looked at her IQ score when she was tested, but its a preconceived notion, bit like Briggs Meyers..If you know the expected score/grading, you r expectations change in regards to personality and achievement levels. Incidently, I am INTJ on Briggs Meyers scale and my IQ is........

4 comments:

Guruann said...

instead of Predmix, ask for the more expensive brand, Redipred, about $1.00 dearer, and it tastes much better.

Hey we are pretty opposite on the MBTI indicators, LOL

I am the Queen of EVERYTHNG...OK!! said...

Thanks...just checked bottle to be sure, as he used to have Redipred and I always take what the script says never generic or cheaper, so the Dr. prescibed Premix...thnaks for the heads up on the taste issue.

Misfit said...

I always take what the doc prescribes too, I guess I it is a metality thing where you think if it is generic it wont work as well, who knows...lol

I am the Queen of EVERYTHNG...OK!! said...

Redipred is script and not generic and is the dearer, like Guruann said...strange how he prescribed Predimix if he's already had Redipred in the past. I just reckon if the Dr. prescribes it, it must be for a reason..not aware of Dr's getting kickbacks on certain pharmacueticals.