Tuesday, April 26, 2005

For my little man, my sausage chops

MY WISH FOR YOU…TO LIAM

I wish you could have told us sooner that you love us
I wish you could talk with other children instead of them shunning you
I wish we could understand you , first time, every time when you try a new word
I wish you did not have to try so hard to be understood
I wish you did not have to be tested and re tested for speech, autism, whatever
I wish I could take away your fears and apprehensions
I wish you could understand that the stuff you don’t like doing is helping you
I wish someone had listened to my concerns earlier
I wish you to make more friends in kindergarten this year
I wish for them to accept and love you for who you are
Not who they think you should be
I wish you did not have to be tested for funding for assistance at school,
That you could just go off to school next year with your big sister
Ready to learn
I wish you to be all that you can and all that you want
Most of all
I wish you a voice …loud, clear and pure..shouting “I am Liam and I are me”(sic)

No comments: