Tuesday, June 27, 2006

School Holidays ...Still going


Well, as we round the corner for the final days of school holidays...I must say I have been enjoying them to date( touch wood) There have been fights and yelling and hitting, but there has also been the soccer competitions with the soccer dog and Mr 6, who is neither left or right footed but manages to keep his balance, run and kick a moving ball whilst ;mostly, dodging a pup who thinks the soccer ball is his.
There have been games on the PC and games in theyard, pasting and cutting, cooking and eating, dinosaurs roaming about our lounge with Supermanin tow. Buzz Lightyear and Batman have been flying about in Lego ships and I have about a dozen socks without parteners thanks to the frequent indoor vists of the pup. His indoor siorees are usually predestined by the collecting of all socks from the floor and the picking up of stuffed toys from the bedroom floors, he usually makes a bee line for my teddy bear collection in the front lounge anyway.
Its nice to sit and watch Dora the Explorer with Mr 3 or Disney with all of them or to heard Miss 9 explain maths on the PC to Mr 6 or teach Mr6 how to use a beater or help him crack eggs into a bowl for a cake. I have to admit theses are probably the first holidays I have'nt dreaded, maybe I am mellowing.

No comments: