Monday, February 13, 2006

Jamies Interview with me

Jamie has offered to interview me, I'm not scared, we're going on a bear hunt...Yeah right. So I have been remiss in answering the questions, let alone looking at them. But now its time to get down and dirty...........

1. You talk about your kids a lot on your blog, showing that you are an excellent mother in the process. What bit of advice would you give new parents so they can be just as excellent at parenting?
OK firstly, I am not an excellent mother...Just seems that way to people. I yell too much and praise too little. Parenting is really about "suck it and see", what works for one family, will not work for another and all children are INDIVIDUALS...So what works for one DEFINITELY will not work for another. Read the books, do the courses, whatever...It really boils down to you, your own childhood, and what you want for your kids. I see mums ( and dads) every morning a t school who hardly give a second glance as the drop their kids off and drive off to work or home. Whilst I do not tag my daughter into school, I respect her wishes to go in by herself without me or her brothers, whereas Mr 5 Almost 6 needs me to take him in ( he is only in prep) Mr 3 may be a different case when he reaches school. I know parents who want to bring their kids up so opposite to the way they were bought up that they confuse the kids and themselves..This may be fine if you had a really bad upbringing but just not wanting to be like you mum or dad is no reason to let your kids run riot. So "suck it and see" is the basis , I think for trying to be a good parent.

2. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be and why?
My anger levels, I am a person of passion and hotheaded to boot. Cross me and you will regret it...Later not sooner. I am a person of revenge and stealth. My adage is 'revenge is a meal best eaten cold" Not good attributes to have...But meditation is working and I try not to sweat the small stuff and its all small stuff...Or so I try and tell myself.

3. What is your driving force through life?
The fact that you have but one life ( we know of) and should not waste it (too much) on yourself as there is plenty of time for you. You never know when you may not be here so you need to show all the love and friendship to your family and friends now so they know that you care and never have to wonder.

4. If you could be somebody else, who would it be and why?
Enid Bylton and /or May Gibbs for to be an adult and be able to see the world through the eyes of a child as they did would have been a wondrous gift and a great sense of escapism.

5. What was your main purpose to start a blog?
Now I have been thinking about this of late. I think the keeping of a diary lent itself to allow me to vent all my feelings and frustrations PRIVATELY. Doing the same or similar on line, allows me to (SOMETIMES) think before I type rather than just scawling rude words in texta in a diary and wondering a week later why I did it. It gives me a literary ( of sorts ) outlet for the feelings and I get some feed back on it sometimes.

So there it is...Jamies interview with Supamum. Any one care to partake ( not likely) feel free to ask.
Don't forget to wash the windows............

No comments: