Wednesday, January 25, 2006

What happened?????

Blogger went silly on me yesterday, I tried to post but it all looked a bit strange...Different format, template and layout..Then I couldn't post or link or NUTHIN'. Then my e.mail went wonky and mean really really really weird, re sending mail from days ago, receiving the same mail two or three times over...I thought OH OH a bug, virus or whatever. Despite 2IC having the virus and protection levels so high that even an upgrade has to be formatted and logged to the system or it rejects.
But as I called Tech Support at my ISP I found so many were doing the same that I got told there were too many calls and to call back later...That's customer service for you. So I figured that it was an outage of sorts affecting lots of us and decided to wait it out till today.
Today still no luck, I called the Tech Support at the ISP and got through, the guy did not seem to really know what he was doing ( I have encountered this before and that guy got me to reconfigure the POP to something which would never ever work, so I was told by the next techie I got on to ) so I was dubious to say the least, but after re entering the TCP stuff( it had all changed) all was well. I really wish that instead of knowing how to build a dB and set parameters and design reports, I had the tech know how so I could do this stuff my self instead of calling Tech Support ...It would be much easier.

No comments: