Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Dicko

Tufts of cloud, free
Amidst a blue, blue sky
That's what I'll think of
As I say
Goodbye.
The quintessential larrikin
Australian through and through
Jesus, Mary and Joseph...
Dicko
I'm going to miss you.
A husband to my cousin dear,
A sister I could not hold nearer,
Best every father to four fantastic boys
Now men; tall,strong and proud,
Four blond heads bobbing in the pool
With a Dad who always made time.
Teaching them things about trucks and cars,
Playing "frogger", sending canetoads to the stars
Chants of "Lilliee" still rent the air,
As amongst the clouds I search
And hope that you have found
the rest and freedom
you deserve.
But clouds make no sound.
Love you, Dicko...See ya
IN memory of my cousin, Richard, who died last 1st November, 2005 and will be cremated today.