Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Fun things for Holiday Joy...Or how to stay sane

Seeing it is school holidays here and I am on a roll for fun and frivolity, I thought I'd post whilst the kids are outside picnic lunching. Firstly, I have to thank Brian for the following piece of fun:
Failure defined:

Follow these directions:

1. Go to Google search.
2. Type in the word "failure" (quotation marks not included).
3. Click the "I'm feeling Lucky" button.
4. Laugh till your sides hurt.
5. Post this meme to your next blog entry and spread the good word!


I am still laughing, its better that using the thesaurus in Word 98 , I think, for "ass" and getting Bill Gates.

Today we made ....Chocolate Crackles...mmmmmmmmmmmmmm, betcha want to come to my house , my house, betcha wanna come to my house, doncha, doncha....see what too long with kids does to the mind.
For the uninitiated and unrefined, Chocolate Crackles are an institution for children in Australia ( except maybe in NT, Nth Qld. etc where they'd melt) If any one is interested in the recipe, I will post it if you ask. Tommorrow we are making truffle balls. Cooking is good for measuring, hand eye co ordination, co operation, learning new skills, plus it makes sure my boys will make some one very happy because they will be able to cook and not ask "where do you keep the boiling water" of any one. No joke, that little ask is in a TV commercial now but I know the very guy who whilst reading the instructions for making a cup of instant coffee, asked just that very question. I also know that the other housemate of this brainiac is now a writer and probably wrote the comment based on the "genuis" we houseshared (read babysat) with for 6 horrible months.
We are also out and about in the yard, as it is 23degrees today, playing trucks and moving sand ( I would prefer it stays in the sandpit, but hey, I am only the Mum, not the "boss of the sand" I have been told) Later, we will go to the library and then perhaps plant some seeds in seedling trays..have to think carefeully on that one as I have to have somewhere to put them where they will not be tipped out and turned into something else. Well off to have some fun now. Don't forget to put the lid back on the toothpaste.

No comments: